Wednesday, December 21, 2016

12 days of x-mas: day seven

Loved this article.  It's from a bike magazine, but it's about runners as well.

Good day yesterday.  Got out in the AM for a five miler, then biked to work.  After work, I took the dog over to Red Rock Canyon for a short run.  About a mile into the run she took off, and I couldn't find her.  I looked for about ten minutes, which felt like ten days, and no luck.  Then by chance I caught her light off in the distance.  When I finally got to her, she was chowing down on a deer that looked like she had been torn apart by coyotes not long before.  I could have left the dog overnight and she still would have been eating when I came back this morning.

Ran to work this morning.  Six miles.  Threw in some two minutes on/two minutes off, doing the best I could on our sidewalks which are still icy (I blame the ice, but being fat and out of shape doesn't help either).


No comments: