Monday, October 10, 2016

van life

We ($100, hollydog, meesha, and I) took out the van for our first two night trip over the weekend.  Down to Canon City, an area we have been having quite a bit of fun exploring. 

Got in another 100K ride.  Gold Belt loop.  68 miles on the fat bike.  I did three 100K rides in the three months leading up to Kanza.  I did two in four days last week.



As I rode through Victor, I ran into GZ, JMock, Bob, and a few other burro folks.  Here was the quick conversation I had with GZ:

Me:  How was it out there today?
GZ:  It was a real shitshow.
Me:  It's burro racing.  Isn't it always a shitshow?
GZ:  Yeah, but even more so today.

GZ was sporting a 1984 neon yellow specialized rockhopper, the dude has obviously started training for Leadman.

Other than the ride, we just chilled around the van and hiked the dogs.  We checked out two new areas: Red Canyon Park and Tunnel Drive.  As well as lots of time at Oil Well Flats.  The dogs give both of those areas their approval.

We are really digging the Royal Gorge area and will definitely be spending some van time down there.

More random pics from the weekend:





We also dropped by Florence Brewing.  If I were on tinder I'd put this as my profile pic and I'd get all the ladies, as everything about this shot is awesome:


1 comment:

GZ said...

Totally dig the van thing. Mrs. GZ and I have been scheming on a truck with a camper on top of it.

I really had no idea what a Rockhopper was until I looked it up after reading this.

I am lucky I have not severely injured myself yet. Given I have yet to do a ride over 25 I am very certain I am not going for any 100 milers soon.