Monday, September 26, 2016

weekend

Good day on Saturday over at the Bobcat 25K.  Cankle is still very weak and running the technical trails of Palmer Park probably wasn't the best idea, but it held up well.  The run actually went a lot better than I thought it would, and it gives me some hope that I won't have to walk the entire Mt. Desert Island marathon in a few weeks.


On Saturday afternoon $100 and I hit up the Manitou Heritage Festival.  28 breweries, and we hit all of them except for the cidery place.  After that we did a short pub crawl in Manitou, visiting the Legion, the Keg, and the Royal Tavern.  Good times!  Focus On The Beer has more pics of the event.





Was fairly sore and hungover on Sunday so I knocked out an easy four miler in the Garden and took the dog for a good hike.


It seems like my ankle injury kicked off a wave of bad luck for a lot of runners in my circle here on the Front Range.  Walsh and Shad shit the bed at the Rabbit (though my neighbor, Alex, won Pikes and the Rabbit, so it's not all bad).  Tom and Jeff tanked the Bear.  Even Carson couldn't complete his recent hike up Mt. Whitney.  Might have to sacrifice a cat to get rid of this curse.

No comments: