Friday, September 30, 2016

September

Worst month, mileage wise, in forever.  I was probably in high school last time I logged  only 79 miles in a month.  Over half the month was spent injured and not running at all, then some travel came up to throw a wrench into any comeback.  It's now the offseason here, and the goal is to run 30 mile weeks from here until the new year.

187 miles on the bike.  Also pretty low for me since I took up biking a few years ago.  Most of those were to/from work, though I did get into Cheyenne Canon a few times.  And there was that ride on 401 and the tour of Pittsburgh $100 and I did.

The dog pointed out that all this free time has led to a huge increase in hiking, usually with said dog, so she has been super happy about that.  75 miles on that front.  Our pace tends to be slow, I'm often stopping so she can sniff stuff or having to clean up her poop, so I've started carrying a pretty heavy pack when we hike.  Never know when that surprise opportunity to hike the AT will come up, but I'll be ready.

Updated my brewery list, Cerberus was my 131st Colorado brewery.  Shad has been inching closer and closer to that number and I might have to make some trips up to the bubble to pad my stats.  Did drink a helluva lot of good beer this month, what with all the beer Bob left here, the trip back to PA, the opening of Cerberus, and the Manitou beer festival.


3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

I've been to about 20 Colorado breweries. Got some catching up to do. It may take some time.

GZ said...

Time for that 5k race.

LK said...

I'd taking hiking over the hellhole options in Texas. The wife and I made our final decision last week--we're moving to Springs in 2019, north of downtown. Can't take this place much longer. It's "Fall" here, or that's what people are trying to tell me. That means it's not 100 during the day and 80 at night w/ 100% humidity...