Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday update

I informed the RD of the Grand Traverse that I wouldn't be participating this weekend.  The cankle is getting better but just isn't there yet.  I can hike, but no running for a while.  Bummed, because I was looking forward to seeing that course, but I'm also relieved to have the running season done.  We already paid for the hotel in Crested Butte, so we're still going to go, and it's going to be an awesome weekend of dog hikes and mountain bike rides and pizza and beer.

Bob from Pennsylvania paid us a visit.  He brought a lot of good PA beer so we let him stay two nights.  Showed him some good trails and breweries.



Also took him to the purple castle and he earned the prestigious clean plate club sticker.


This was my breakfast yesterday.  Nothing beats an 8AM bacon cheeseburger!


In much shittier news, my dad unexpectedly passed away last week.  Here is his obituary

12 comments:

Carolina John said...

So sorry for the loss of your father. That's never easy for a man to deal with.

MtUnpaved said...

Just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog as its always an interesting read and I'm very sorry for your loss, I don't think there's ever a good time but 64 seems really young.

Andy said...

Sorry for your loss JT...

mike_hinterberg said...

Sorry about your Dad. Dog named Holly?!

GZ said...

Sorry to hear of his passing JT. All the best.

Chris Boyack said...

Sad news, JT. Life is too damn short. Get that cankle better soon.

Jeff Valliere said...

Damn, sorry to hear of your dad's passing JT, my heart goes out to you.

Brian said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Life is short...

Patrick Thurber said...

Terrible news about your pop. I hope you and yours are doing OK!

Bob Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Johnson said...

Thanks to you and Katie for having me. I had a great time and it was nice to meet your sister and some of your friends.I was sorry to hear about your dad and hope your family is doing well.

Steve Pero said...

JT, always enjoy reading your short posts to remind me what I miss living back East now.
Sorry to hear of your Dad...life is short, play hard.
Steve