Monday, February 08, 2016

week in review

Not a whole lot of outdoor activity on the Front Range this week.  I got in 50 miles of "running," which was more hiking through deep snow than anything.  Only 25 miles on the bike.  But I shoveled lots of snow and had some great walks with the dog, so there's that.  Temps in the 50s all week, so this snow should be all gone soon.

Went 1:40 in the Super Half.  My goal was 1:45, and given the shape I was in after spending Friday and Saturday nights in Manitou I should just be happy I finished.  But I was glad that running eight minute miles felt so easy.

Happy for my Bronco fan friends, but I wasn't overly impressed with the super bowl.  Boring game, then Peyton's comments about drinking budweiser (TWICE!) and that horrific Steven Tyler wannabe who accepted the trophy.  Even thought most of the commercials were pretty lame.

Still on track for a stout month PR.

Sweet Potato Casserole Stout from Red Leg:



Bristol Winter Warlock aged in Axe and the Oak whiskey barrels.  One of my favorites so far:


The Dark One from High Hops:


One of the zillion beers I drank at Manitou Mardi Gras:




And the Fist Pump Stout from Fieldhouse Brewing after running the Super Half:


1 comment:

Jeff Valliere said...

The trophy presentation was creepy, both the old lady trying to look 30 and the scream from Elway. Odd.

Nice work on the half.