Saturday, February 20, 2016

Wed

Nice climb up 21st Street/Gold Camp Road on the fatbike this morning.  12 miles.  Hard effort going up and I went sub 40 to the gate.  Unfortunately, that nice sweat I worked up really made things miserable on the bomb back down.  It's still winter out there, kids.

Working late.  Not really working, but they need someone in the building.  Yuk.  Did sneak out for a bit to walk the dog through Rock Ledge Ranch.  Dog says it's a nice place to drop a deuce as the views are lovely.


Great post from one of my favorites, Alastair Humphreys.  I think this is the year I go into events without time goals in mind, and next year I will probably stop entering a bunch of stuff so I can free up weekends for more bikepacking or longer overnight hikes with the wife and dog.  Still want to get out and get dirty and explore, but I don't want to spend too long away from a warm, comfortable bed and a cold beer.  I sometimes wonder if I should have done more in my younger days, even when I first moved to Colorado.  I've always wanted to bike across the country and hike the AT.  But recently we realized we could finally see the day when our house gets fully paid off.  We throw the cost of a really, really good bike or two round trip air tickets to damn near anywhere towards our place every month.  Not sure what we'll do when that monthly bill no longer comes due, but it definitely allows us to dream about the possibilities.  So I'm pretty excited about what the future holds, even though the wife isn't going to allow me to buy a new bike every month.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Best pic on the Internet.

mtnrunner2 said...

I've peed in better places than most people hike in a lifetime. Thankfully, no selfies. Seriously, I guess this is kind of a thing: http://www.placesivepeed.com/

GZ said...

Okay, I had to check that out.

Bob Johnson said...

Who would guess that the ratio of guys to girls would be approx 10:1?