Wednesday, April 22, 2015

50k

Meandered over to Palmer Park on Saturday to run Justin's 50K.  I wondered how anyone could squeeze a 31 mile run into two loops there, but he sure pulled it off.  Great event, and a great long run for me for the third straight week.  Ran (hiked) most of the second loop with Shad, who was gracious enough to not drop me.  I returned the favor by crushing him over the final half mile of the race, securing the cheap win over the Leadman wannabe.  Was hoping to run around 5:30, finished in 5:50ish, all in all a great day on the trails.  My only gripe about the race is that there weren't enough slow people and I would have finished damn near in last place if Shad had any kind of leg speed over the short distances.


Will be trying my best over the next two weeks to remain somewhat active.  Lots of events coming up that will play havoc with that.  Hops For Heroes up at Dry Dock Brewing on Thursday, volunteering at the Cheyenne Mountain race on Saturday, Taste of OCC on Sunday, Joe Bonamassa on Tuesday, and of course the upcoming trip to Jazzfest.  I'm also running a 5K each of the next two weekends - Tonia's Run here in the Springs on Sunday, and the Big Easy Big Heart 5K down in NOLA next week.  Good times!

No comments: