Tuesday, April 14, 2015

20 again

Willed myself to another 20 miler on Sunday to get me to 50 on the week.  Not sure I've ever done back to back weeks with 20 mile road runs.  Here's some of the beautiful scenery along the Santa Fe trail:


Had a mental and physical breakdown about 15 miles into the run.  Most runners would have gone to a gas station for some kind of energy bar.  Pussies.  I hit Red Leg.


Easy day on Monday.  Five miles up to Carson Pass and back in the AM.  Took the dog up Red Mountain in the PM.  Her first run with me since her surgery.  She's not in great shape, but it won't take long to get her back in top form.

Hit the track on Tuesday morning.  6 x 400m.  Luckily they were untimed, wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with my quarter times.  Good workout though.

Took the father-in-law up to check out the Air Force Academy on Saturday.  I had never been this close to the chapel before.  Pretty cool building.  The inside was pretty sweet as well, and I wasn't struck by lightening when I went into a church for the first time in many, many years.

No comments: