Sunday, January 25, 2015

weekend

Solid weekend given all the dog duty I had.

Didn't get much sleep on Thursday evening as our dog was a hot mess.  Stayed with her all day Friday as well.  She went Thurs and Fri without drinking or eating or not crying, we're guessing due to all the pain meds she was given.  That was starting to worry us, but on Saturday she began eating and today she was getting annoying with all her begging.  Today (Sunday) is the first day she's been a normal dog.  The challenge now is keeping her off her feet.  Was tough being outside this weekend seeing everyone with their dogs, I'm definitely missing my favorite outdoors buddy.  So she is definitely getting better, and I appreciate all the kind and caring words you folks have offered.

$100 let me out on Friday evening to catch the grand opening of The Ute and Yeti, the new bar at my climbing gym.  Great turnout.



After the Ute we headed across the street to Brewer's Republic for a bit and then hit up Benny's for a few more beers and shots.



On Saturday I hit up the Pikes Peak Winter Series race over in Bear Creek.  I was exhausted from two consecutive nights with crappy sleep, so I took things pretty easy.  3.5 mile warm up followed by the four mile race.  Professional photographer Rick H was out there and grabbed this shot of me.  Looks like I was hurting, but I was bitching to Hessek about having got into the San Juan Solstice and having to train for that.  I'll be shooting for my sixth finish of that race.


Had feeding duty for my other dog, Meesha, who stays with Marc & Amanda.  So I fed the dog three times her normal limit and raided Marc's beer fridge.  Those two are in for San Juan as well, so I left them a note.


Decent long run on Sunday afternoon.  14 miles on the local hike and bike paths.  Awesome weather.  Allowed me to get to 50 miles on the week.

Dealing with a sharp pain on the fat pad just below the big toe on my left foot, not sure what to do about that.  Been slightly since Leadville, not sure if I should do something about it or just hope it goes away.  Not enough pain to keep me from running, but it gets pretty annoying after 60 minutes of running.

Signed up for the Super Half this Sunday, will take another shot at a sub 90 after failing in Pueblo last month.

No comments: