Wednesday, May 28, 2014

beers 146 & 147

I will catch up on beers with a Salida post when I get time.  Even with crappy weather, the Salida trip was awesome as usual.

A friend of mine from Flagstaff met us in Salida, and of course she brought some good Arizona beers.  Kilt Lifter Scottish Style Ale from Four Peaks Brewing in Tempe, and the American Pilsner from the Grand Canyon Brewing Company in Williams, AZ.  It's a tradition for me to climb out of the Canyon after the R2R2R and head straight to the Bright Angel Lounge to drink a few beers from Grand Canyon Brewing.



Wednesday morning was an easy hour over in Red Rock Canyon.  First run where I've felt good in a long time.

Attempting my first bike hundred this weekend.  First on Saturday at 12 hours of Greenland, and then I may take a second shot on Sunday at Elephant Rock.

The Springs is going through it's biggest scandal since the Ted Haggard days with our sheriff.  CRUD guy, former San Juan Solstice champ, and recent Pulitzer winner (those accolades are listed in order of importance) Dave Philipps broke the story.  One of the more disturbing things to come out of the whole mess was a selfie that our elected sheriff sent to one of the many employees he was banging.


Which, of course, led to my new facebook profile pic.


1 comment:

ScottyD said...

I wouldn't know you if you walked up & bit me on the ass(well actually I would because holy shit you just put your mouth on my ass, wait I digress) anyway I stumbled upon your ramblings via a Hardrock Google search a fee years back, I still can't figure out how a beer swiller like you has been accepted & finished so many times(jealous) OK well there is my back story. The point of my comment was damn you have hit all time highes. I damn near spit out my precious(damn it I had to Google the correct spelli ng) Miller High Life. Crap am I drunk or is blogger F'ing with me? Come back typing. Cool your back, now where was I? Shit! Wait the picture damn that was funny. Keep up the good work? Is blogger work? Or is it internetting? (I'm not going to Google that) OK I am.

I'm not a robot? Who asks that? Robots that's who, is this the Matrix? Damn I've gone off topic again