Friday, May 30, 2014

beer #149

Another Arizona brew.  Oak Creek Brewing out of Sedonia.  All the trees you see on this label have burned down recently.

Heard an interesting stat on the radio this morning.  AAA reports that the cost to drive your car one mile is sixty cents.  About $750 per month.  Nine grand a year.  Ouch.  But that does mean I save $4.20 each time I bike to work.  Coincidentally, that's the cost of a PBR tall boy plus tip at Benny's.

Tried to go for a decent ride after work on Thursday, but a thunderstorm ruined those plans.  Hail friggin' hurts when you're in short sleeves and shorts.

Dog and I got up super early for Incline #27 this morning.  Looks like the Incline will be closing for a few months, thanks in part to the super swell folks at friends of the Incline.  From the released drawing it looks like it will re-open as an "improved" Incline, meaning it will be a lot easier and a lot less fun.  Fear not, however, just because the Incline is closed I'm sure you will continue to receive daily e-mails from that friends group asking for money.

Hopefully we will get together for one last Incline beer mile before the changes take place.

4 comments:

MadMarmot said...

You're dog's name is "Dog"? Must be one of those hollywood name your kid something they can be embarrassed about when they grow up kinda thing.Bet he call's you "Brownie"to his buddies.

MadMarmot said...

Actually,my dog think's his name is "NO,NO,BAD DOG"!!.^^.

JM said...

It seems like you really enjoy the endless Incline Friends emails. I added you to our "daily email list". Thanks!

brownie said...

I already get two daily e-mails from them asking for money! I think Beagle must have added me.