Sunday, May 20, 2007

support the troops!

One of the big phrases I hear all the time today is how people say they don't support the war but support the troops. Which is fine, I feel the same way, but the problem is that most people say that because it's politically correct, and in reality they don't really do anything at all for the military folks.

Well, here's your chance! Fellow Kimchi hasher Grannylingus left for NTC this past weekend. He'll be spending a month there while getting ready to head to Iraq sometime in the future. He'll only be there for a month, but if you've ever been to an NTC rotation you know how much it sucks.

So take a few minutes of your day to drop the guy a line. Most of yunz don't know him, but he's a hasher, and I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from other hashers. I've already sent him a post card, pretending to be his gay lover and saying how I can't wait 'till he returns for his homecoming party at the Underground. I'm sure his Infantry buddies will love that.

SSG Mark Peck
B Company, 1-68 AR
Rotation #07-08
Fort Irwin, CA 92310-5000


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't actually agree more. I don't give a shit really how people feel...but why do they have to be all p.c. and say I support this but not that! Too complicated. I do rant about that every now & then. But I think this attitude is better.