Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Lake City

Things went fairly well for me at the San Juan Solstice.  Ran strong for the first 30 miles and thought I might be able to sneak in under twelve hours.  Unfortunately, everything started hurting after that and I bet I lost a good 45 minutes due to my failure to attack the downhill portions of the last 20 miles.  The last four-ish downhill miles were particularly ugly.  But I fought hard to keep moving forward, and I can't be too disappointed with my 12:33 as I predicted something a lot closer to 14 hours.  

Yuengling at mile 40, Ska Brewing Rue B. Soho Grapefruit Lager (not a normal pick for me but it tasted wonderful in the heat) at Vickers (mile 46ish) and a tallboy of PBR at the Packer Saloon (mile 49.9).  Good times.

Came back home and passed my SAR emergency medical responder exam.  Classes are finally over for me.

No comments: