Monday, May 20, 2024

Colfax

The time will come when I'm no longer able to run a road marathon hungover, but that day is not here yet!

Annual trip up to run the Colfax 'thon.  Marcus King on Saturday night, then up early on Sunday to run the race.  Day went much better than expected and I end up finishing in 4:17, including stops at two bars, two lawn parties, and a jello shot.

Saw PG at the Lakeview Lounge right before mile ten.

Got in an unexpected Mike H sighting on Colfax Ave, he was (I think) near mile 18 and I was around mile 12.  I believe I was watching his dreams of a sub three die at that point.

$100 and Mookie were spectating the race at Reverence Brewing, it was nice to see the right before mile 25.

For the week:

run - 62 miles, 10.5 hours

ride - 51 miles, five hours

hike - 23 miles, ten hours

Got an early morning SAR call out on Monday.  Got to go out with one of the dogs looking for a missing dementia patient.  Ended up finding the guy at Wines of Colorado.

1 comment:

MikeH said...

You got me, good to see you, quick recognition!
Yup I was melting in the sun and on the wrong side of the 3-hour stick right around then. Had time for a Jello shot a couple miles later though.
Glad you keep having fun at the race and I had fun finally doing it.