Friday, December 08, 2023

Florida

We had a clear weather day as we rolled out of COS on Wednesday.  Easy though long drive down to Oklahoma City on day one.  The morning of day two it started raining, and it wouldn't stop until we were almost back home.

Still a fun trip.  Got three more state high points - Arkansas, Mississippi, and Florida.  And my 25th state marathon.  And a few decent breweries and lots of Yuengling.  The 'thon did not go well as the entire day was very windy and pouring rain and I fell apart after mile 18.  Finished in 3:51.  I used to be able to run a decent marathon but I guess those days are long gone.

We did not have laundry in our Panama City Beach condo so everything was wet and sandy the entire time.  Even had some very minor trench foot coming on by the time we left.  Did get some good hikes along the beach in with the dog, other than a few hardcore surfers the beaches were completely empty.

On Wednesday morning, back on my home turf in the Garden with the pup, I took a fall and jacked up my right hip pretty good.  Nothing long term but it's real sore and stiff.  The 5k on Saturday is up in the air as of now.  Getting old sucks.

No comments: