Saturday, July 01, 2023

back at it

Time to quit crying in my beer and get on with life.  Pikes is looming.

Mon - half the incline.  It was approximately 8000 degrees and I just wasn't feeling it.

Tues - Muscoco Mountain with the pup and my 35 pound pack.

Wed - two five mile runs today.  One was on the Garden roads for the motorless morning, and an evening run on the Red Rock Canyon trails before hitting Fossil.

Thurs - finally got my ass out to climb Pennsylvania Mountain.  One of the lowest 13ers in the state, pretty easy stroll not too far off highway 9 outside of Fairplay.  Mookie loved it.  Met up with Shad for lunch at the South Park Saloon after the hike.



Fri - top of the W's.  I have some work to do before Pikes.  Caught the Magic Beans at Lulu's last night, solid show.


Debating on what to do with the failed attempt at biking the Divide.  The route is divided into six sections by the maps offered by the Adventure Cycling Association.  I've finished map one, Antelope Wells to Grants.  Might take a week next year to ride the next map - Grants to Salida.  Maybe one map a year?  That might be more in my wheelhouse.  We'll see. 

No comments: