Sunday, August 14, 2022

Evans

Mon - 5.7 mile run laying down trail for the Jerry hash.

Tues - bike commute 55, ten there and eleven back.  Took Mook for a short run over at High Drive in the evening.

Wed - run commute 49.  Five miles there, 3.5 back.  CityRock 85 at lunch.

Thurs - bike commute 56.  4.2 there, 4.2 back.  A few too many Mammoths on Wed evening.

Fri - Mt. Rosa.  14 miles in four hours, 4000 feet of climbing.  I need to spend more time in the Cheyenne Canon part of town (yes, I say this every time I run/ride there).  Mook's longest run and he did great.


Friday afternoon $100 and I headed north to Denver.  Hit up Sancho's.  Rumors have this place closing down soon due to various liquor license infractions.  However, the bartender there said all those rumors are false!  Long live Sancho's!

Then it was over to Levitt Pavilion to catch one of our favorites, Hot Buttered Rum.  Incredible show!  Levitt is a gem and I hope to catch more shows up there.  Great to finally catch up with GZ.

Sat - nice hike up Mt. Evans from Summit Lake with Carson and Cynthia, friends from San Fran who recently moved to Golden.  I had been developing some crud that jacked up my throat (not COVID, I tested negative on Thursday and Friday) and I struggled to breathe normally on Evans.  But I got it done, month number 15 in the books.  Three more months to go.

I was feeling pretty rough on the way home but our new cadet wanted a pizza, so we delivered.


Caught the Steelers pre-season game on Saturday.  Kenny Pickett is clearly a first ballot hall of famer!

Sun - slowly coming out of this sickness funk, got in a 30 mile ride on the Santa Fe trail just before the rain hit.

For the week:

run - 31 miles, 7.5 hours

ride - 62 miles, 5.5 hours

hike - 30 miles, twelve hours

No comments: