Tuesday, May 24, 2022

the week

Travel, weather, injury, Academy graduation - May sure has gotten away from me.

The Sunday I was in San Fran I somehow tweaked my lower back.  Not a crushing injury like I've had there before, but I had to take things easier to make sure it didn't get worse.  Then on Thursday, the temp hit 88F.  And on Friday we got a good foot of snow at the house.  So the week wasn't much to write home about.  The back is better, and the big hiking week included a trek with a 40+ pound pack and heavy mountaineering boots through a ton of snow up to Barr Camp with the HAMS group on Sunday.

run - 17 miles, three hours

ride - 30 miles, three hours

hike - 42 miles, 18.5 hours

So much snow here.  Which is great, but my monthly 14er streak is definitely in jeopardy.  Going to try for Shavano on Saturday, but they got good snow down there as well.  And Kircher is tagging along, so not only is there a good chance of not getting to the summit, but hospitalization and loss of a limb or two are probably in play as well.

No comments: