Monday, August 26, 2019

5:35:28

Not quite what I wanted, but I was pretty happy both with the Marathon and the weekend as a whole.

On Sunday I went up in 3:30:05.  Would have liked to go six seconds quicker, but it is what it is.  Not like you can sprint the final 100 meters up there.  Of course, I might have made it had I not stopped for a beer shortly after No Name.  This pic was taken approximately 65 minutes into the race and I'm already sweating my ass off.  Hot one for sure, especially later on in the day.


I did accomplish a goal of being above treeline before Killian came by.  Wasn't by much, but I made it.  Sage wasn't too far behind him at that point, so I kind of knew he hadn't gone sub 2:01.  Totally unrelated: Matt was working his ice cream stand rocking a t-shirt that said "while you were looking for parking I ran up and down Pikes Peak."

My down was 2:05:22.  Again, not what I wanted, but it wasn't too bad considering all that was going on.  I had a terrible top two miles coming down, feeling the effects of Saturday and another day of high winds, before I could start to get things rolling.  A bunch of people passed me during those first two miles, but I think I eventually got them all back.


GZ thoroughly whooped me.  I think I went from Barr Camp to the summit a few seconds faster than he did, but he got to Barr over eight minutes quicker than me and came down the mountain four minutes faster, most of that time coming on the upper half of the mountain.  I did catch JV on what was possibly his worst day ever and now have a two race winning streak going there.

Love everything about this race, and I'm already looking forward to next year.  Sub 3:30 ascent both days and a sub two on the descent will be the goal.  I'll be in a new age group and those times might actually be competitive.

Relive 'Pikes'


       

7 comments:

The Padre said...

Hold On. You Raced Up On Saturday And Then Went Sub 5:40 on Sunday. Sh*t Fire Brother. Beyond Impressive!!!

Will Check In With You & 100 As The 12th of Oct Nears.

Stay Strong,
Cheers

Wyatt Hornsby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wyatt Hornsby said...

Way to get after it on the mountain, JT. I am planning to also run PPM next year. Good work!

Jeff Valliere said...

Nice work Brownie! Great to see you out there.

GZ said...

You were also not laying in the fetal position on the middle of Manitou Ave in the medical tent like I was post race.

I was a shit show on the upper half. I was basically falling over myself most of the upper half. I had to stop a couple times below Barr because I was locking up.

Good to see you out there and that is a solid Double for an old man.

Rob said...

Solid! I feel like I ran it about as fast as I could a few (7) years ago so no real motivation to come back, but I do miss that race. Too bad your Phishing this weekend. I'm going NOBO on the Nolan's line. Maybe you can come recover my body on Monday.

OFFER said...

Invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: investmoneyoilgasfast@gmail.com