Tuesday, July 23, 2019

salida

We had the Wayfarer Van weekend on the docket and we decided to leave Thursday after work.  Stopped in at Florence Brewing before heading over to the Royal Gorge for the night.  Our area was experiencing a pretty decent heatwave and Canon City was not spared.  It was hot that night, and hot again the next day.  I got in an early morning run up Fremont Peak, then hiked the dog on the Gorge trails while $100 went for a bike ride.

Then it was off to Salida.  Lunch at Moonlight, then a stop at Woods, then out to the Hutchinson Ranch halfway between Salida and Poncha Springs.  Early enough to snag a nice shaded spot to spend the weekend. 

Most of the vans were pretty much the same setup.  I think most folks who get the Wayfarer kit do so for the simplicity, and adding anything takes away from that.  But we met a ton of great folks from all over the country, all using their vans for different purposes.

I did get out for a good ride on Saturday.  Rode up 175 out of Salida and returned via Cottonwood, Sweet Dreams, and Chicken Dinner.  Wanted to do more, but I could see weather moving in, and sure enough not five minutes after I ended my ride at Elevation Brewing it started pouring.  Got in just over 29 miles.

Relive 'Salida'


Kieren if you can find me one of these stickers I will pay you back and buy you a beer:


Up fairly early on Sunday so I could hike the dog while $100 rode.  Dog and I did five miles on the Salida singletrack, and she was pretty tired when we ended the hike at Woods.


 Fantastic weekend!  We haven't taken the van out much since we got her, but that will change soon.  

2 comments:

Kieran McCarthy said...

I'm not sure when people started grumpy about "shuttling" Cottonwood. Used to be pretty common.

I don't know too many of the people in the biking crowd, but I do know this one guy that the "Pauli" trail is named after. If those stickers are to be had, he can probably get you one.

OFFER said...

Invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days.Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 400$ and get a returns of 10,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: investmoneyoilgasfast@gmail.com