Monday, April 10, 2017

weekend update

I spent Saturday helping out with the PPRR Tortoise & Hare 5K.  Wasn't expecting much as I couldn't warm up due to my volunteer gig, so I was happy to go sub 20, finishing in 19:33.  The pace varied greatly - at times I was running ten minute miles so I could chat with friends, and at one point I was running 16:30 5K pace, as I jumped ahead of Neil just so Tim Bergsten could get a pic of me beating him.



After the race I hopped on the bike and rode up to Pikes Peak Brewing.  50 mile round trip that ended at Fossil.

Pretty hungover on Sunday AM, so after an hour Garden hike with the dog the wife and I headed over to Kansas (Powers Blvd) to pick up our new tent at Sierra Trading Post.  We went with the Marmot Force three person.  Thing only weighs four pounds.  Hope to try it out very soon.


Just in case I didn't drink enough on Saturday, $100 and I went on a Sunday afternoon bike pub crawl.  20 miles around town, hitting Red Leg, Urban Steam, Bristol, and the new Buffalo Lodge Bike Resort.  Good times!


The bathroom remodel entered the final phase today, so I had to take the dog over to Marc & Amanda's.  Used that as an excuse to take Holly and Meesha over to Ute Valley for an hour.

No comments: