Friday, April 28, 2017

incline 20

When I left to drive to Manitou it was a mix of rain and sleet.  By the time I got to Hydro Street to meet the Incline Club it was sunny and I was taking off layers.  Workout was one minute on, one minute off (really off - just stop running and stand there) up Barr Trail.  Always thought this was a lame workout and I never followed the structure in years past.  But I thought to myself, "you know, a guy named Matt Carpenter used to do this workout, and he had a pretty OK history on the mountain" so I did it.  Good run, 30 minutes up the hill, then back down to the Incline.

Shad turned me on to the Peak Bagger plan from the Mountain Tactical guys and I'm going to start it on Sunday.  To get ready I've started doing a few (very few, five at the most) unweighted squats and lunges over my lunch.  As a guy who has finished some difficult races in the past you wouldn't think this would be a problem, but holy shit my legs are jacked up right now.  To make things worse, I came down the Incline last night.  Not used to that.  Friday will definitely be a rest day.

No comments: