Wednesday, January 04, 2017

run commute 1/2017

Ended with 122 bike commutes to work last year.  Not too shabby.  But this year I'll be looking to add some running to that.  The goal is 50 run commutes and 50 bike commutes.

Ran to work on Tuesday.  Six miles there, four miles back.

Since I'm on the topic of new year numbers, here are some other goals I've laid down:

-Less than $10 per visit to CityRock.  In mid-December I threw down $536 for a one year pass to the local climbing gym.  I went 31 times in '16, and I want to up that to 54 times in '17.  Already went once this year.  The $10 goal also applies to Accolade, but that's a lot cheaper and will only require 34 visits, with visit number one coming this morning.

-Bike 3000 miles, run 2000 miles.  Last year those numbers were 3653 and 1890.  A far cry from what I used to do, but the times they are a changin'.  No bike races, but I do have an eye on come longer routes that I'll need to be in shape for.  And while I wasn't planning on zeroing in on Pikes, that looks to be the biggest race on my schedule.  No pressure, as just finishing will be a big improvement over last year, but I'd like to put together two good days there.  The goal at San Juan will be to get to the Packer Saloon with enough time before the cutoff to pop in for a brew.  I'm also going to try to go sub 18 in the 5K, though I think 18:15 is a bit more realistic.

-Hike 600 miles with the dog.  The miles only count if I have a pack weighing 25+ pounds on.

-Beat the 2016 count for nights outside (I count my van in this number).  Hit 15 last year.

-Beat last years Incline count.  41.  Every year I set a goal of 50 and I fall short.  So I'll change the game (note: this is a psychological ploy to get me on my way to 50).

-Listen to every single Phish and Gov't Mule show they play in 2017.  Luckily, their shows last roughly the time it takes me to do the Incline loop from Memorial Park...

2017.  Let's get 'er done!




No comments: