Wednesday, January 18, 2017

bike commute 4/run commute 3

Back from Pittsburgh.  Long day of travel on Monday.  Biked to work on Tuesday, ran on Wednesday.

My "concert a day" streak ended over the trip as I listen to as much WDVE as possible when I'm back in western PA.  But I did listen to the first Mule show of 2017 - Jan 14th from Runaway Bay in Jamaica.  I've started trying to convince $100 to go to Island Exodus next year.  

Went to the Fossil Caveman club last night.  Good stuff.  I now have my own mug at the place.  20oz for the price of 16oz.  And a bottle from the place, the first non-growler beer to leave the brewery.  I keep hearing they are looking into getting cans and I hope that happens soon.



On that note I enjoyed this blog post.  My parents both ended their lives too early (mom is still here but the end is coming soon), much of that having to do with alcohol.  With the addition of an iPhone to my life, I have been tracking my alcohol consumption and it's been eye-opening.  Mostly due to the fact that I used to mentally keep track, counting one drink as one drink, regardless of the size.  Like last night, when I told myself I only had three beers, when the iPhone tells me I drank 60 ounces which is actually five beers.  Just collecting data, certainly not committing to cutting back.  I love drinking beer and whiskey, that's been an enjoyable part of my life since I was 13 (I started the same time I started running) and if the only reward of drinking less is a 10% improvement in running times than that's not even close to worth it for me.  But I also don't want to go out like my mom.

6 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well.
I read that post last night and it actually made me feel that I (probably) don't drink too much. Also made me realize giving it up won't do much for my running....though I have considered abstaining from time to time but haven't yet.

Bob Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Johnson said...

Double posted.

Scott Dunlap said...

Hey, what are you using to track your alcohol consumption?

Scott Dunlap said...

Thanks for the link, btw!

brownie said...

I use an app called bevTrack. Just one of a million you can get for the iPhone. It was free, but I think I quickly paid $.99 for the ad free version.