Sunday, November 18, 2012

Turkey Trot Predict

Beautiful Saturday morning over at Memorial Park for the annual Turkey Trot Predict.  You guess your time for the 5K and then run the race without using a watch.  It's a staggered start, with folks predicting the slowest times starting first and working all the way down to the guys who pick the fastest times.  Always great to see the final results, as the ones who win usually aren't the type to finish near the top.  Especially great to see this year's results, since I was in the top six and won a turkey.  Looks like Katie and I will get to eat this Thanksgiving!


Nice article from the Gazette over here.  I predicted 18:59 and ran 18:51, good for fourth place.  Love the pic below as it really looks like I'm out-kicking Simon G.  Simon is in the white shirt behind me, and Don K, the guy in the blue shirt next to him, was the winner of the race (both less than three seconds off their predicted time).  If you look closely you can see 3rd place finisher John C, Leadville finisher and the dude I paced at Western States, in the pic as well.


Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for the pics.

No comments: