Thursday, July 05, 2012

give me tapers!

The hay is in the barn, or however that saying goes.  Was planning on a two week taper, but that was sort of turned into a three week taper due to recent shit going down.  Just over 40 miles last week, looks like I'll get about 50 in this week, including the hikes of DeCaLiBro and Elbert.

Focused a lot more on long runs this time, as opposed to getting out there every day for shorter efforts like I've done in the past.  100K, three 50 milers, a 50K, and two marathons.  Sure hope this strategy pays off, we'll find out in ten days.

Hope to get splits and all that crap in order this weekend.  The goal is 32:55, a ten hour improvement from when I first finished this race.  The running/hiking part isn't really the issue, it's how much I sleep.  I can say I have at least four beer stops scheduled: Kroger's, Ouray, Handies, and Cunningham.  I also need to find out if cigars violate the current fire ban.

And the drama continues to build: will this be the race where I finally beat someone from Fort Collins???

4 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

Need I remind you that it only took me 23 hours to run 100 miles.

brownie said...

Didn't I just beat you up Elbert by 24 hours?

Rob said...

Only 4 beer stops? Aren't there like 13 aid stations?

brownie said...

That is how serious I'm taking it this year.