Monday, June 25, 2012

still here...

Lots to catch up on.  Congrats to all those folks who kicked ass over at Western!  And there were quite a few impressive performances at San Juan as well, though not from me.

Heard about the Waldo fire after the race, but then we started drinking and then disappeared off the grid for a bit.  Didn't realize the seriousness of it until we were driving through Canon City, 50 miles from our house, and we saw smoke.  The fire is awful close, but I don't see us having to evacuate.  If anything, they will end up closing off 31st street to traffic since it's being used by emergency vehicles.  The incident command center is up the hill at Coronado High School, across the street from the track I use.

Not to be outdone by our FoCo friends, a huge chunk of the Ponderous Posterior Fat Ass will be charred this January.  Red Rock Canyon and the Garden are closed, so I guess I'll start my Hardrock taper a week early.  Just nowhere left to run.

The San Juans are dangerously dry.  I did not get my feet wet at all during Lake City.  Kind of scary.

2 comments:

Steve Pero said...

Best of luck with the fire, JT...we had that same scare in the Jemez one year ago this coming weekend and it could happen again.
See you in Silverton.

brownie said...

Thanks! Our house is safe, but the best trails in the area are all in danger.