Sunday, October 02, 2011

PPRR Fall Series I

Ran great for the first 1.5 miles. Solid start over the first half mile, then I ever-so-slowly started creeping up on Gerald. Hit the water probably in 10th place, only a few seconds behind Gerald. Was another upset on the way?

Nope. Walked most of the creek, which was about 3/4 of a mile. Thought my old Saucony Kilkenny would do the trick, but they got no traction at all. I bet 20 people passed me in the creek. To make things worse, I had to stop at the end of the creek to empty the rocks from my shoes. Ugh. Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports (who took the pic below) for deleting the pic they had of me falling completely underwater. Stupid creeks.

Passed a few guys over the final mile to finish in 28:39 (3.6ish miles?), 24th overall. I also crushed this ten year old chick:


Still in decent shape after the low month. Running a local 5K on October 15th, and I'll be looking to get that Boulder Bolder A wave qual out of the way early.

Justin R, the Pride of Pueblo, ran away with the win despite being almost as clueless in the river as I was. Good luck to him as he tries to go sub 2:19 in Chicago.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Right behind you in this pic pretty much...

Denise Ricks said...

That water is merciless, I am pretty sure Justin walked through parts of it. Thanks for the good luck, I am sure Chicago will be fun no matter the outcome. (Looks like I should have run, I may have had better luck against you than I did against the boy)