Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Purple Castle in the news...

Letter to the editor in the Gazette today concerning King's Chef:

"Coloradans are pigs

Is it the altitude or what? I just read The Gazette’s food section and saw King Chef and their nomination for Colorado’s best breakfast in Foodnet’s magazine.

I am appalled. How horrible is the Colorado palate that this greasy abomination slathered on a plate has Colorado raving? Well I say shame on you Colorado Springs. How can you let this represent us as a whole when there is so much better out there? I mean even a national corporation can produce better slop. Are we feeding a bunch of brainwashed, easily impressed pigs? Or are we feeding the proud distinguished citizens of Colorado?

All I see from this situation is that quantity overrides quality. For example, I can cook up a bunch of burnt Russet potatoes and you people think I’m a professional chef. If I put my heart and soul into a dish that bursts with flavor yet is slightly small, I’m nobody. You see, Coloradans have been set into the corporate fling: Value.

If you can get more for your buck it wins awards, but if you can cook with outstanding ingredients and produce an outstanding product customers say “$7.99 for a zucchini sandwich? Well, I can get more elsewhere...”

You, Colorado, have lost your love of flavor, impressive ingredients and bold presentation. You have given in to a family-sized platter of flavorless mush, over-spicy chili, and burnt over-buttered potatoes. Why? Because it’s more food for less money. I can out-cook King Chef and Nosh, and I can prove it. So I say shame on you Colorado Springs, for sacrificing your palates to save money."

If I ever go for a zucchini sandwich over a bacon cheeseburger, someone please douse me with gasoline and light me on fire.

Best comment so far on the letter:

"She's just mightily upset that there's bacon or sausage on the plate, and that the poor little piggies have to suffer. In celebration, lets all have steak for breakfast. With bacon and sausage."

1 comment:

MtUnpaved said...

"If I ever go for a zucchini sandwich over a bacon cheeseburger, someone please douse me with gasoline and light me on fire."

That is the best quote I've heard all week... I'm with ya brother!