Friday, June 11, 2010

Bighorn strategy

Been working on my Bighorn splits. Here's what I got so far (the race starts at 11AM):

Dry Fork Ridge out (13.4 mi) - 2PM
Footbridge out (30 mi) - 6:30PM
Porcupine (48 mi) - midnight
Footbridge in (66 mi) - 6AM
Dry Fork Ridge in (82.5 mi) - 10AM
Scott Park/Finish - 4PM

Gives me 7.5 hours to cover the first 30 miles, 11.5 hours to cover the mid 36 miles (night time, typically my worst section of a 100), and 10 hours to cover the final 34 miles.

This gets me to the finish line in 29 hours. The only goal I have for the race is to finish and keep my Rocky Mountain Slam dreams alive, so I'd be very happy even with a 33:59 (especially with how I've been running lately).

Not sure if the Bighorn peeps update the website during the race, but I'll have Katie updating this blog when she can.

6 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

Go get'em!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Jamie Donaldson said...

Best of luck to you!

Scheri said...

Good Luck!!! My sister lives in Cody, in case you need anything while up that direction. She is even nicer than I am :-)

Anonymous said...

Brownie,
Sounds like we got pretty similar goals for Bighorn. I'll look for your signature boonie hat out on the course. I'm sure my crew will have plenty of beer on ice if you're thirsty after (before, during) the race. Just look for the wild bunch at the Dayton campground.
Rob from Fort Collins

brownie said...

Rob, I think I'm staying at the same campground. Definitely drink some beers on Sat night!