Thursday, August 13, 2026

Softie bound

Headed off in the van for a bit.  

Down to Durango for the San Juan Softie.  Pretty excited for that, even with a less than stellar forecast.  I think you should be able to track me here if you have nothing better to do with your life.  Starts Friday at 6AM and I'm shooting for a 33 hour finish.  

Potentially my last hundo.  Takes too much time to train for anymore.  I'd like to go out with High Lonesome but I don't see myself ever getting into that race unfortunately.

Durango for a few days after that race, then we aren't sure where we'll go.  If the weather is dog friendly, we'll head down to Flagstaff via the Grand Canyon.  If it's too hot in AZ, we'll bum around the San Juans for a few days.  Either way I'm looking forward to some down time after the race.

Shot of me from the Pony Express last Saturday:

1 comment:

The Padre said...

Travel On Brother Pitt

Sending Positive Vibes ,
Cheers