Tuesday, August 29, 2023

alpine 50

Mon - Rocky Mountain in the evening.  2.5 hours.

Tues - bike commute 76.  Ten there, eleven back.

Wed - run commute 27.  Seven there, four back.

Thurs - run commute 28.  Five there, four back.  Jumped in the van after work and headed down to Canon City for the evening.  

Fri - nice hour run at Oil Well Flats with Mookie before heading out to Lake City for the annual Alpine 50 bike ride.  Been quite a while since I've been to the Lake City Brewing Company.


The ride went well.  I finished a little slower than I wanted in 6:39, most of the extra time being blown by trying to descend on a rigid bike.  But I had a good time and it wasn't quite as hard as I was expecting.  I'm not a big fan of bike races, but this is one I'll most likely return to.


On Sunday morning the dog and I got in a nice early hike in Lake City before heading up to Crested Butte.  Always tough to find a van spot there, but we were headed in when everyone else was leaving.  Got a great spot out on Gothic Road.  Even got to see some mooses.


And, of course, some eats at Secret Stash.


For the week:

run - 38 miles, eight hours

ride - 71 miles, 8.5 hours

hike - 20 miles, 8.5 hours

Finally rolled back into town on Monday afternoon.  Unpack, recover, and get as much shit done in the next two days before it's off to Minnesota for the Pearl Jam shows.

1 comment:

The Padre said...

So Righteous - All Of It - Well Done Brother Pitt

Cheers
P.S. Go Steelers