Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Nims/Doom/Frasco

Not a whole lot after the Seattle Marathon.  Was pretty tore up after the race, and $100 and I spent the rest of our time there exploring the city.  Bunch of breweries and dive bars, the Space Needle, and of course the Pearl Jam and Nirvana exhibits at the museum of pop culture.  Seems like a cool city.

I took the next week off of any physical activity.  $100 was in Chicago for work most of the week, so it was just long dog hikes with Mookie.  Needed the rest as it took me a while to recover from the 'thon.

Did catch Nims Purja up in Boulder for a talk.  Incredible dude.

On Friday we went up to Denver and caught Doom Flamingo/Andy Frasco & The UN at the Ogden.  Some of our favorites, and both shows were fantastic. 



As it is every year, I had long forgotten about the Rock Canyon half down in Pueblo until race weekend.  Came close to bailing on this, but in the end I was glad I went.  Nothing special, I kept things at MAF pace, but it ended up being a pleasant run and it kind of broke me out of a funk.

Might have found a new Monday night activity.  Love doing the Incline, but I'd like to get Mookie out with me.  Doing the Iron/Red/Iron out and back gets you the same amount of climbing over seven miles, plus none of the whiny anti-dog bitches who think they own the Incline.  And no idiot city employees asking you for your reservation to visit public lands.

Tuesday was bike commute 81, my first ride in a while, and CityRock 112.

No comments: