Wednesday, October 05, 2022

sink navy!

Good week of recovery after Pikes, then it was back to the grind.

Solid week except for maybe Saturday which included a 10AM kickoff for AF/Navy and Andy's birthday party at Fossil afterwards.  The Falcons did squeak by Navy which is always fantastic.

Pitt shit the bed on Saturday evening and we won't mention that anymore.  And the Steelers aren't doing well but it looks like the Kenny Pickett era has begun!

I'm running the PPRR Fall Series this year and race number one was on Sunday at Bear Creek Park.  I ran well despite trying to drink all the beer on Saturday.  3.3 miles with some steep hills in 22:15, fared pretty well against the usual suspects who show up to these things.

For the week:

run - 44 miles, 8.5 hours

ride - 50 miles, five hours

hike - 27 miles, eleven hours

The last of our "COVID tickets," that is tickets we bought way back in 2020 before the 'VID cancelled everything will be used Wednesday evening to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  

I have decided to ride the 100 miler this weekend in Trinidad, dropping down from the planned 160.  I believe I could have grunted out the full distance, but the post race party would have ended and all the pubs would have been closed by the time I finished.  

Wednesday was my 100th trip to CityRock this year.

No comments: