Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday track/bike commute 22

8 x 400m.  200m RBI.  One of the only gripes I have about my watch, the Garmin vivoactive hr, is that I can't figure out a good way to time intervals.  In my mind I was crushing these in about 45 seconds each, but in reality they were almost twice that.

Then rode to work.  Bike commute 22.  Might be pedaling back home in the snow.

I've been squirreling some loot away for a more suitable road bike.  Yesterday Salsa dropped the price on the Colossal from 2G to $1300.  Almost pulled the trigger.


Even went to my local bike shop, The Hub, to see if they had any.  Of course they didn't, because in their very small store the fat bikes take up all the space.  So I had to decide if I wanted to drop a lot of money on a road bike I've never seen, let alone sat on, before.  And I decided against that.  Will hold out for a Vaya.  Which REI will be selling soon, so I'll be able to try one out before I buy.  I love REI, but I have mixed feelings about having to go there over the LBS for bike stuff.  But the Hub has kind of forced my hand.

Of course, that Colossal is one good looking bike...

1 comment:

Shad Mika said...

Where did you see it for $1300? It is still $1999 on the Salsa website.