Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday

Good run on Saturday.  Up Barr Trail to the Bottomless Pitt sign and back down, then up Red Mountain.  21 miles.  Saw all the superstars - Trimboli, Staponowich, Charlie Brown, and even the rare sighting of Tony K (yes, I screamed like a schoolgirl).  Got horribly sunburned, and it's still incredibly painful on Wednesday.  I'd like to say I learned my lesson and it's SPF 100 every single time I leave the house from now on.  But I've now been dealing with sunburn for 40 years and I'm going to continue to forget to use sunscreen and at some point I'm going to die either of skin cancer or something else.

Got out for two hours on Sunday.  We have been having a heatwave here in the Springs and Sunday in Red Rock Canyon was tough.

Haven't been able to sleep well due to the sunburn, so the running this week ain't much to talk about.  Should be better by Saturday though.

We hosted a kid who is biking across the country on Sunday night.  His blog about the day he arrived is here, and the day he left, including his breakfast at King's Chef, is here.

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Very nice of you be a warm showers host. That guy's blog is pretty cool. Nice country he's riding through.
My wife and I just got back from 9 days on Mount Desert Island. When the time gets closer for you to go I'll point out some Maine beers worth drinking (there are plenty).

brownie said...

We are starting to plan the trip, so get me that info! Definitely interested in the beers, looks like there are some good ones up there.

Bob Johnson said...

I'll email you a list in the coming days.