Thursday, July 03, 2008

relaxing schedule?

Check out the plans for the weekend:

Friday AM: head out early for the Firecracker 5K in Leadville. No big goals here, as long as I can keep under seven minutes a mile I'll be happy. Don't want to run any faster than 6:45 per mile or so. Never done such a short run at altitude, should be interesting to see how my body handles the faster pace.

Friday noon-ish: planning on finding a hot springs to hike into. There are a bunch of 'em near Leadville. Should aid the taper process nicely.

Friday PM: off to the annual Blues Traveler Red Rocks show! Tailgating pre-show with $100, Nacheaux Ass, and LUMP. Having Nacheaux there will allow me to combime two of my favorite things - drinking and making fun of Slut Slinger! Really lookin' forward to the show, last year was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Sat: Taking a rest day and heading down to Murphy's at 1PM to start my binge. An hour at the 'murph drinking goblets, then next door to the Kimchi hash. Then off to $100's housewarming party. Good times!

Sun AM: Summer Roundup 12K. This is gonna hurt. Have a feeling it'll be a repeat of the Rescue Run when no other runners would get near me because I smelled like a distillery. Needless to say, this will be an easy effort.

Sun PM: Denver hash! Haven't seen those wankers in a long time, glad to be getting back up there to the 4th coolest hash along the front range.

Mon PM: DIM hash. I'm the hare. Trail is gonna be rough.

Woohoo! Helluva weekend, gives me a chance to not think about Hardrock.

No comments: