Wednesday, January 09, 2008

run #5 - back to the track

Went down to the Colorado College track for some speedwork. Did 6 x 400 meters averaging just under 90 seconds each. Would have been a lot faster but the track was covered in snow and ice. Had a good crowd show up with BLOS, BLOS's brother, Allison, and Katie braving the elements for a good workout.

Next group workout is this Thursday, 5:45PM, at the Incline. You'll need screw shoes or yaktrax. It took me 40 minutes last week, I figure it might take me 50 minutes this week due to the shitty conditions.

Start time: 5:30PM
Distance: mile warmup, 6 x 400 meters with 400m rest, mile cooldown
Time: averaged just under 90 seconds per quarter
Pace: 5:59 minutes per mile
Weather: 21F

3 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

You not doing quinns anymore?

brownie said...

Not the run. We finished our track workout in pleanty of time to hit the $2.50 Laughing Lab pints though.

Jes said...

Was Coach Bell there? On the EXTREMELY RARE occasions that I do any hills or speedwork I can actually hear his voice screaming at me.